Amplified TV Aerial 28 dB Freeview Antenna with Power Supply
- Enhanced Reception - Amplifying weak signals with built-in high gain amplifier (28dB gain) and Extremely Low Noise (ELN) circuit. 28dB gain provides you with opportunities to watch crystal clear digital & HD shows!
- Easy Operation - Fast and easy set up in 3 steps - Unwrap, Plug it in and Scan channels.
- Various mounting positions - Can stand on table horizontally or vertically, or lay flat on table, or mount it on wall (screws not included in the packaging). Please note that do remember to try put the aerial horizontally or vertically if the aerial does not work.
- Attractive Sleek and Stylish Panel Design - Looks Great in any Room, black color fits your home decor.
- Power Supply - Powered by Digital box/tuner or external power adapter (DC6V) included.
1byone Amplified TV Aerial, Freeview Indoor TV Antenna with Power Supply, Portable Television Antenna for Digital Freeview and Analog TV Signals, 28dB
Set up Guide:
Step 1: Connect the end (IEC- male) of attached coaxial cable to the ANT/IN connector on the back of the TV or DVB-T tuner.
Step 2: Connect the external adapter to the DC jack at the antenna back and plug it to the wall socket. Or you can get the 5V power from antenna receiver through antenna cable.
Step 3: In the TV's setup menu, set the tuner mode to "Aerial" or "Air". Refer to the TV manual for detailed instructions.
Step 4: In the TV's setup menu, set TV to "scan" for channels. This can sometimes be listed as auto-program, auto-scan, channel search or channel scan. Consult the TV manual for detailed instructions
Step 5: If reception is sporadic, try moving the aerial to another location and rescanning the TV.
Step 6: Placing the aerial higher or close to a window may result in better reception. You must rescan whenever you move the aerial.
1. If you use a flat HDTV, pls go through your TV manual to make sure your TV is with built-in tuner for freeview.
2. You should retune your Freeview TVs and digital boxes from time to time to ensure you are receiving all available services. Retuning takes only a few minutes and can be done with your remote control.
Box ContainsIncluded In Package: 1. Antenna main unit 2. AC/DC power adaptor 6V 3. Antenna stand
When I plug in the aerial there is no light/signal to indicate it is switched on and the aerial does not work, it is faulty?
There is no light so the only way you can tell it works is if you do get a signal - and the signal goes again when you turn off the aerial power-supply (that's assuming you're using the power-supply and not getting power to the aerial from a set-top box that is. On my set-up I just had the aerial connected directly to the TV and power was obtained from the aerial mains adaptor).
But even if you don't get a signal it doesn't necessarily mean the aerial is faulty - it may mean that reception is so poor in your area that you can't get a signal even with an aerial. How well the aerial performs for you really does depend on your location and unfortunately you won't know until you try. This aerial did nothing for me in my house - I wasn't able to tune to a single channel through the aerial socket (I use cable-TV normally) - but using it at my girlfriends flat (where the aerial was intended for; I was just testing it at my house first), I was able to tune over 120 channels and they are good quality and for the most part stable.